Am I a Candidate?
Are you considering LASIK laser vision correction? We are pleased you have chosen Denver Eye Surgeons as your resource for vision correction information. There are some basic candidacy requirements listed below. Generally, if all of the following apply to you, you should be a good candidate for LASIK. However, to tell you for sure, we encourage you to schedule a free LASIK consultation by calling us at 303.273.8761.
You may be a candidate for LASIK laser vision correction if you:
- Are 19 years of age or older
- Have healthy eyes
- Have a stable glasses prescription for one year or more
- Have a prescription with less than -10.00 diopters of nearsightedness, or less than +6.00 of farsightedness, and/or astigmatism less than 6.00 diopters.
What does our free LASIK and refractive surgery consultation include?
- Evaluation of past ocular history
- Evaluation of past medical history
- Discussion regarding visual requirements for your work and hobbies
- Thorough eye exam including refraction check (glasses prescription), pupil size measurement, and microscopic exam of the cornea by the surgeon
- Corneal maps that show astigmatism, shape, and thickness
- Discussion regarding monovision and a free trial of monovision contact lenses if that applies to you
- Discussion regarding the best procedure for you (LASIK, PRK, ICL, or IOL) or the reason for your non-candidacy by the surgeon
- Answering any and all of your questions
Have you been told in the past that you are not a candidate for LASIK? This may no longer be the case! Advancements in technology allow the surgeons at Denver Eye Surgeons to treat a wider range of refractive errors. Also, treating patients with thinner corneas is now an option due to the addition of blade-free thin flap LASIK and ICLs.