Rajiv Kumar, M.D.
- LASIK and Refractive Surgery
- Cataract and Cataract Extraction
- Premium Intraocular Lens Implantation
- Cornea and External Disease
- 1991-1995 Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, University of Utah
- 1996-2000 Doctor of Medicine, University of Utah
- 2000-2001 Internal Medicine Internship, University of Utah
- 2001-2004 Ophthalmology Residency, John Moran Eye Center, University of Utah
- 2004-2005 Cornea, Refractive, and External Disease Fellowship, University of Utah
Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
Denver Eye Surgeons, Lakewood, Colorado, 2005-present
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Cornea Journal Club of Denver
- Lutheran Hospital, Previous Vice-Chairman and Chairman of Department of Ophthalmology
Rajiv Kumar, M.D is a fellowship-trained ophthalmologist who specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of corneal disorders, corneal transplantation, cataract surgery with intraocular lens placement, and refractive surgery including LASIK and PRK. He also practices general, comprehensive ophthalmology in Denver and Lakewood.
He excelled during his training at the prestigious Moran Eye Center, considered one of the top residency and fellowship programs in the country. There, he worked side-by-side with world-renowned ophthalmologists and learned their clinical and surgical secrets directly from them. He is the author of multiple ophthalmic articles in medical journals and has presented his findings at several national conferences. Because of thorough preoperative screening, personal patient education, and state-of-the-art equipment, his patients have enjoyed excellent visual outcomes.
Dr. Kumar enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 kids. He enjoys running, golfing, and traveling.