Jan Stahl, M.D.
"I could say that what attracted me to the field of ophthalmology was that I was a physics major in college and loved the physics of optics and lasers and all the high tech devices we get to use, or that I love operating on and examining such a magnificent organ as the eye and this would all be true. The real treat, however, is that sight is one of the most important of the senses and restoring it for people is so incredibly satisfying that I couldn’t imagine a more rewarding occupation."
- LASIK and Refractive Surgery
- Cataract and Cataract Extraction
- Premium Intraocular Lens Implantation
- 1980, Bachelor of Science degree in physics, University of Albany, New York
- (Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- 1981, Research fellowship, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- 1987, Doctorate of Medicine, University of Maryland
- 1990, Internship medicine, Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL
- 1991, Ophthalmology residency, University of Virginia
Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
Denver Eye Surgeons, Lakewood, Colorado (since1994)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Colorado Society of Eye Physicians
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
Jan Stahl, M.D. was been named one of Denver's top three LASIK surgeons in a survey of Denver's top doctors in the August 2001 issue of 5280 Magazine. To date, Dr. Stahl has performed over 8,000 refractive procedures and has supervised other surgeons in the performance of LASIK and PRK.
Dr. Stahl’s ophthalmology residency was accomplished at the University of Virginia, where he served as chief resident during his final year. During that time he developed techniques for implanting foldable contact lenses through “small incisions” during cataract surgery.