Am I a Candidate?
Are you considering LASIK laser vision correction? We are pleased you have chosen Denver Eye Surgeons as your resource for vision correction information. There are some basic candidacy requirements listed below. Generally, if all of the following apply to you, you should be a good candidate for LASIK. However, to tell you for sure, we encourage you to schedule a free LASIK consultation by calling us at 303.273.8761.
You may be a candidate for LASIK laser vision correction if you:
- Are 19 years of age or older
- Have healthy eyes
- Have a stable glasses prescription for one year or more
- Have a prescription with less than -10.00 diopters of nearsightedness, or less than +6.00 of farsightedness, and/or astigmatism less than 6.00 diopters.
What does our free LASIK and refractive surgery consultation include?
- Evaluation of past ocular history
- Evaluation of past medical history
- Discussion regarding visual requirements for your work and hobbies
- Thorough eye exam including refraction check (glasses prescription), pupil size measurement, and microscopic exam of the cornea by the surgeon
- Corneal maps that show astigmatism, shape, and thickness
- Discussion regarding monovision and free trial of monovision contact lenses if that applies to you
- Discussion regarding the best procedure for you (LASIK, PRK, ICL, or IOL) or the reason for your non-candidacy by the surgeon
- Answering any and all of your questions
Have you been told in the past that you are not a candidate for LASIK? This may no longer be the case! Advancements in technology allow the surgeons at Denver Eye Surgeons to treat a wider range of refractive errors. Also, treating patients with thinner corneas is now an option due to the addition of blade-free thin flap LASIK and ICLs.
At Denver Eye Surgeons, we are pleased to offer cataract surgery at our onsite, outpatient Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC). Our surgical center offers patients a comfortable, friendly and supportive environment for undergoing cataract removal.
For more information, please contact our office and one of our staff members will be happy to assist you in setting up a personalized cataract evaluation.
Our facility houses a state-of-the-art, outpatient Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) in Lakewood, Colorado, with the latest equipment and tools necessary to achieve optimal outcomes. The ASC is a comfortable, friendly and supportive environment for undergoing ophthalmic surgery.
Take our Free LASIK Self-Evaluation to determine if you are qualified for LASIK.
The doctors and surgeons of Denver Eye Surgeons provide a wide range of services and the highest quality care. They have helped thousands of patients in the Denver area to improve or restore their vision with LASIK Surgery, cataract surgery or glaucoma treatment.
Welcome to the Denver Eye Surgeons media center! Please feel free to watch our collection of eye care videos designed to help you get a better understanding of vision correction and the vision correction procedures that may be the best option for your personal best vision. If at any moment you have a question please feel free to contact us through our ophthalmology website forms.